About the Jimmy Jib
The modular nature of the Jimmy Jib camera crane means it can be quickly built from 6ft to 30ft in length, making it great for getting to places other camera cranes cannot, including on top of a high-rise building.
The Jimmy Jib is ideal for use in the studio and on location and works with a range of different cameras. I've used, to name a few: HD fibre system cameras, HDCam, XDCam, Sony F55, Arri Alexa, Arri Amira, RED, RED Dragon and the Canon C300 and C500.
The Jimmy Jib will always come with two crew - a Jib operator and a Jib grip/technician.
The basic Jimmy Jib kit includes:
- Jimmy Jib crane (6-18ft) and remote head
- 17” HD monitor
- 9” TX monitor
- All-terrain 3-wheeled base
- Focus, zoom and iris control for Canon and Fujinon TV lenses
- Arri BP-5 Bridge Plate and 19mm bars
- Chrosziel Quick Lock base plate
- Cue light system
- Rain covers
- Battery support
- All necessary tools
The Jimmy Jib Extreme kit includes:
- All the above plus additional sections and cables to build 21ft, 24ft and 30ft lengths
- All-terrain 4-wheeled base
Additional chargeable accessories include:
- Digital Film Support kit - allows the jib to work with digital film cameras and lenses such as the RED, Sony F55 and F65, Canon C300 etc.
- Trackable ped base for use in television studios
- 10” camera-mounted autocue LCD
- Jimmy Jib Track